A Brief History
Tupelo Press, Inc., which released its first five books in fall 2001, is an independent, literary press devoted to discovering and publishing works of poetry and literary fiction by emerging and established writers. Tupelo Press is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit company.
What we look for is a blend of urgency of language, imagination, distinctiveness, and craft. What we produce and how we produce it from design to printing to paper quality honors the writing in books which boast the uniquely sensual look and feel of a Tupelo Press book.
Readers and writers alike have already come to recognize both the aesthetic appeal and unique literary merit of Tupelo publications. No other press in America approaches the production standards of Tupelo Press. Tupelo has quickly established itself as the new standard among independent literary presses.
Who We Are
- Jeffrey Levine — Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
- Jim Schley — Managing Editor
- Grace Dane Mazur — Fiction Editor
- Cassandra Cleghorn — Associate Editor for Nonfiction
- Deborah McAlister — Associate Editor for Poetry
- Nancy Naomi Carlson — Associate Editor
- Marie Gauthier — Director of Sales & Marketing
- Kirsten Miles — Regional Director, Charlottesville
- Rose Carlson — Administrative Director
- David Rossitter — General Dogsbody & Webmaster
- Dylan Furlano — Research & Special Projects Coordinator
- Kimberly Capriola — Administrative Assistant
- Lucy Gardner Carson — Proofreader
- Nick Gettino — Million-Line Poem Coordinator
- Lynn Gingras — Intern
- Jackson Saul — Intern