We’re excited to announce that registration is now open for the Tupelo Truchas Poetry Conference, a writer’s retreat at Truchas Peaks Place in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains between Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico. This destination offers each participant a spacious adobe-style hacienda, panoramic views, astonishing 12,000-book library, and sumptuous decor and cuisine.
Faculty this year are Jeffrey Levine, Katie Farris, Veronica Golos, and Ilya Kaminsky.
You will work with an intimate group of participants over a four-day period (May 31-June 3, 3019) on a set of your ten best poems and learn how to make them as close to perfect as possible. By the end of the retreat you will:
- have revision strategies that work for your poems;
- be able to read like an editor;
- understand the submission process;
- master the Zen of getting published;
- develop a sense of best markets for your work;
- develop a reading list of poets who can help influence or challenge you;
- be able to apply the lessons learned at Truchas to your writing life;
- and leave with an individualized, effective submission plan.
Additional one-on-one conferences of your full-length or chapbook manuscript are also available.
Participation in a Tupelo Press writing conference will change the trajectory of your career, I am sure of it. Come write and revise with us this spring in beautiful Truchas, New Mexico!